With the rise in market demand for organic and sustainable fabrics, cellulosic fibers being natural fibers, have become one of growing interest.
Tencel™ a branded lyocell fiber from the house of Lenzing AG. They are of botanic origin- made of wood pulp that's harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. The fiber production itself is extremely eco-friendly due to its' closed-loop process; meaning up to 99% of its water and solvents are recycled and reused.
And here are some of the reasons why we love Tencel™,
- Comfortability: Tencel™ fabrics are extremely smooth and gentle on the skin. The softness is appreciable and prevents any irritation on the skin, making it a great choice for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Aesthetics: The fabric has a slight aesthetic sheen, giving it a soft lustrous and refined look, suitable to be worn to the office or even just a casual day out.
- Moisture absorption: Tencel™ fibers are the best when it comes to moisture absorption. They are highly breathable, absorbs moisture completely and naturally, and then release it back to the atmosphere, allowing you to stay cool on a hot summer day.
- Wrinkle-free resistant: Due to its unique moisture absorption ability, the fabric also has wrinkle-free resistant characteristics; making it less prone to wrinkles when compared to cotton; a better choice for your next planned vacation (or staycation).
- Hygienic: Bacteria do not stand a chance when it comes to Tencel™. The moisture management properties are responsible for reduced bacteria growth. The moisture is completely transported to the inside of the fibers; thus, no moisture film is formed which does not allow the bacteria to grow.
- Biodegradable: Tencel™ is fully bio-degradable; meaning it is capable of being decomposed by bacteria or other living organisms when it ends up in landfills, thereby avoiding pollution unlike oil-based fabrics such as polyester and nylon.
With all these amazing benefits, we have opted to use Tencel™ as our fabric of choice for our launch collection of refined basics for Women.
After all, what could be sexier when buying clothes that make you look good, feel good and helps reduce the impact on our dear planet.